Arthritis Affects Millions Worldwide
Arthritis is a debilitating condition that plagues millions worldwide. In the United States alone, From 2016 to 2018, about 1 in 4 US adults (23.7%) about 58.5 million people had doctor-diagnosed arthritis, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This condition not only represents a significant source of chronic pain and discomfort but also substantially impairs the quality of life for many, affecting their ability to perform everyday activities. The impacts are indeed staggering when considering both the individual and societal levels.
Did you know that chiropractic care can offer a significant relief for those suffering with arthritis pain? Let’s take a look to see just how Chiropractic Care can help.
How does Chiropractic Care provide Arthritis Relief?
Chiropractic care focuses on diagnosing and treating neuromuscular disorders, primarily through manual adjustment or manipulation of the spine.
- Correcting Misalignments: Central to chiropractic care is the belief in the body’s innate ability to heal itself when put in the right conditions. A chiropractor works towards correcting spinal misalignments, also known as subluxations, to facilitate better communication between the brain and the body, fostering a conducive environment for healing.
- Alleviating Pressure on the Joints: By adjusting the spine and improving the alignment, a chiropractor can help alleviate undue pressure on your joints. This is often a game-changer for people with arthritis as it can reduce pain and inflammation while promoting better mobility.
- Addressing Inflammation: Chiropractic care doesn’t just stop at spinal adjustments; it can also encompass nutrition advice and exercises that can aid in reducing inflammation — a primary culprit in arthritis pain.
Statistics on Arthritis and the Role of Chiropractic Care:
- 54 million adults in the U.S. suffer from arthritis, showcasing a clear need for effective treatment strategies.
- 23.7 million Americans are limited in their activities due to arthritis, underscoring the debilitating effects of this condition.
- Around 80% of chiropractic patients report significant pain reduction, improved function, and a decrease in other symptoms, according to various studies.
Impacts on Daily Life and the Hope Offered by Chiropractic Care
Living with arthritis can mean a daily struggle with tasks most take for granted, including walking, climbing stairs, or even opening a jar. This daily fight can lead to a deterioration in the quality of life, inciting other issues such as depression and anxiety.
Chiropractic care stands tall as a non-invasive, drug-free alternative to alleviate arthritis pain and restore a semblance of normalcy to many lives. The individualized care plans prepared by chiropractors address not just the symptoms but the root cause of the problem, allowing patients to reclaim their lives from the clutches of arthritis.
Are you wondering if Chiropractic care is right for you? Give us a call or text us at: 844-814-CORE(2673) or request an appointment below and schedule your Complimentary Consultation today!
Request a Complimentary Consultation
Mt. Sterling, KY
Lexington, KY (Hamburg)
Lexington, KY (Beaumont)
Dry Ridge, KY
Fort Mitchell, KY
Teays Valley, WV
East Huntington, WV
Louisville, KY (Forest Springs)
Charleston, WV (Kanawha City)